Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I'm in the National Newspaper!

When i started making ambigrams as a hobby six months ago, never did i realise, how far will i be able to go. Its only now i see that its been a wonderful journey. But its only the beginning...miles to go before i sleep..hundreds of ambigrams to be made...lots of names be converted into a beautiful piece of symmetry and illusion...and next year i plan on writing a book on ambigrams including around 150-200 ambigram creations of mine with special emphasis on use of fonts, styles and serifs.

And this sunday, i appeared in a newspaper article on ambigrams in Hindustan Times (Mumbai Edition) on page 11. The article spans top half page and includes some of my ambigrams, my quotes and my pic. You can have a look at the article here and here.

Thanks to Rachel Lopez for interviewing me and including me in the article. It has been a real pleasure.
Cheers!

5 Comments:

At 12:14 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger poloolop said...

Somehow I can't figure why no comments cme for this one. Possible because you e-mailed the same content to everyone.

Was just passing by the site showing this to a colleague.

BTW - I am seeing a large number of hits on my site through the search keywords - ambigram carpe diem. Maybe you should make one and place it on iStockPhoto for people to buy. In any case iStockPhoto is a very good platform to sell visual art. Just keep the tags correct.

E-mailing the same in case you don't have comments e-mailed to you ;-)

 
At 12:16 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger poloolop said...

Not emailing now since you already have moderated comments ;-)

I think word verification with e-mail notification is enough. I used to get some spam comments until I had word-verification activated. No probs now.

ambigram + carpe diem. At least 20 hits in last 3 months.

cheers.

 
At 12:20 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger poloolop said...

I just checked again on Google. My page has slipped down to second page of search results, primarily because Nagfa beat you to it :-)

I still think that selling artwork on iStockPhoto is win-win situ to get additional stream + incentive to make the ambigrams you like. You get to keep the copyrigt and all. Also there's a good chance that the artwork makes it to hundered's of publishers, people who make presentations etc. Who knows if the income stream is picks up - this can be a full time work also.

Not sure if you have already worked on/considered this option!

 
At 12:23 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger poloolop said...

I think I had misspelled Nagfa name as 'nafga' in previous comment. I cannot verify as it hasn't been approved yet. My bad.

 
At 3:09 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Roopak Suri said...

Thx man....
IStockPhoto looks good for selling general illustrations. Since i use Illustrator, i can sell generic ambigrams there (no names)...Should be a good motivator for me to come up with ambigrams of different words in spare time.....
Later on i'm also thinking of graphic design in general..comic book style....i'd love to do that in spare time....
only prob - no spare time these days :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home